There are initiatives the Liberals list in their platform which have already been implemented, for example, raising the price threshold to $500,000 from $475,000 for the First-time Home Buyers PTT Exemption program.
- Invest $700 million in the BC HOME Partnership Program to provide mortgage down payment assistance loans to an estimated 42,000 qualified first-time home buyers over the next three years.
- Expand the existing Home Renovation Tax Credit to $20,000 to help home owners add a secondary suite.
- Work with municipalities to speed up permitting and open up new opportunities for housing.
- Continue support for Rental Assistance Program (RAP) and Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters Program (SAFER) to assist over 33,000 low-income families and senior households with their rent each year.
- Provide housing support to 53,000 seniors’ households that receive assistance today.
- Maintain the ability of seniors as well as homeowners who are financially supporting a child to defer all or part of their property tax on their primary residence.